Sunday, December 16, 2007

My Weekend

I think it's funny that by Sunday night I have to try really hard to remember what it was that I did Friday night. I seriously can't remember. Last night we went to a friend's art studio in West Salem. It's actually the parents of our friends but the husband makes pottery and his wife teaches art classes to children. We bought some of his pottery that he had displayed for a Open House they did this weekend. It's absolutely beautiful. Then we went upstairs to look at the Art School.

My DH wants to put our oldest Mya (9 years old) in one of her classes. But I have an aversion to driving my kids all over the place and spending money. She is already taking piano lessons which are not cheap but she loves it and she is doing so well. The art classes look like fun, educational, and something she would absolutely love. So I will probably fork over the money eventually and drive her all the way to West Salem so some day when she is rich and famous I can go live with her. Ha ha, just kidding. I would be great to sign my kids up for everything they want to do but not realistic. I know life will eventually get busier than I want it to be but I am avoiding it as long as possible.

Yesterday I had a screaming headache. All the muscles in my back, neck, and shoulders were so tight. Everytime I turned my head to the right it would crack four times in row. It sounded horrible. I took some Tylenol with Codeine. The first time didn't phase me a bit. Even though I am petite since I had my back surgery when I was 14 years old I have a very high tolerance to drugs. But it did help the second time I took it but it made me kind of loopy so then I couldn't sleep. Ah and Anth just wrote me an email that she hasn't been sleeping well which reminds me that the reason why I am so "uptight" is because I haven't slept well in over a week. I have periods of insomnia and this time it was coupled with sleeplessness the rest of the night. Which means I have a lot of really bizarre dreams which can be stressful. So I am tired and stressed when I get up in the morning. Then I try to sleep in which makes my morning hurried and rushed. And it just gets worse from there. So after all that complaining the reason why I can't sleep and have tight muscles is because I haven't been exercising everyday. I been off my schedule since Thanksgiving. So it's time to get back in the exercise groove because I feel so much better when I do. I feel guilty because it takes up so much of my day but it is definately worth it.

Oh I spent all day Saturday making 14 Angel robes for the ward Christmas pageant then tonight I went to the choir practice to cut all the robes to length. And I need to make 2 more robes. They weren't hard. We made them out of King size sheets. I did them in a method I call Junk sewing. Because I get them done as quickly as possible making as little measurements as possible which goes completely against my grain (ha ha textiles joke). They look okay and are good enough for something that is only going to be worn for one song. And I just keep reminding myself that it's okay not to do your very best work on every project sometimes it's more important just to get things done. Right?

Scott is bummed that I still have 2 more robes to finish he was sure that he was getting his wife back after I finished on Saturday. He was not pleased at having to make dinner but he made potato soup and it turned out so yummy. He said I add a special kind of love to my meals, I told him that I like his kind of lovin' better. "That's what she said" was his response. He just didn't want me to get too excited about him making dinner.

I have had Ferrero Rocher chocolates in my house for over 2 weeks and I just ate my first one tonight. I have got to give those away STAT.

On Saturday I also tried to organize my family for a Christmas photo in front of the tree. Once again I lost my patience and Scott kept arguing with me but we did get a photo. I haven't downloaded it to see if it's any good. I thought I might attempt to send out Christmas cards this year. Apparently I need to send a card to Anth every year now or I will get X'd from her list. Maybe that's why it seems like I get less and less Christmas cards every year. I really like cards with pictures so I just think mine should have one but taking a family photo is my #2 most stressful thing to do. #1 is going to the dentist. I am not exactly sure of the order but this week that's the list. I had to go to the dentist this week and I was so proud I didn't cry this time. And I really don't cry very often but I get so upset about going to the dentist. I do have 2 cavities so I get to go back in January. My new dentist is really nice so that makes it a little better.

I haven't decided if I am going to use Blog lingo for my blog or just use real names. I don't like writing "DH." But I still feel like there is a safety factor there. Today I used real names. I will have to give it some more thought.

No comments: