Monday, December 10, 2007

I'm sick

I've had a terrible cold since Thursday. It wasn't so bad at first but by Saturday morning I was feeling pretty miserable. The weird thing is I have had so many people calling for help and some I have had to say no which is kind of hard for me. Yesterday was the worst. I had a terrible headache. I was mad that I had to miss Anth's talk at church. But it was nice to take a day off from life. But now I have lots of laundry to catch up on and a couple projects that need to be done this week for church. I also want to get my Christmas shopping finished up. Plus I have 2 dresses and one skirt that I still can't wear because I need to hem all of them. The dresses I have had for months already. It's really sad that I never get anything done.

Since I was sick I got a lot of reading done. I finished The Zookeeper's Wife. I liked it, especially the end, but it was a slow read. It's not one of my all time favorite but it was good. I also finished Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. DD V was just trying to walk off with the book. She likes the pictures. I liked the book very much. I am going to watch the 1st and 2nd movie very soon.

My DH was so nice to me the whole time I have been sick. He cuddled with me, gave me back rubs, he took the kids where they needed to go, and made me some nasty oatmeal which I tried to eat. He made sure to feed the kids well and make sure they got plenty to drink in hopes that they wouldn't get sick. It was so nice to be taken care of.

DS C (7 years old) has a cough so I kept him home. He is excited to stay home and watch movies. A couple weeks ago he kept telling the teacher he was sick. Two days I had to pick him up and so on the second day we got home and I told him he had to go bed if he was sick. He was all upset because he thought that he was going to be able to watch movies and eat whatever he wanted. So he asked me if he could go back to school because he didn't feel sick anymore. So the next day when the teacher called to tell me he felt sick again I told her that he was just saying that because something must have upset him. I said I would come get him only if he showed a sign of actually being sick, like throwing up. She agreed when I told her what he did the day before. I thought the whole thing was very funny.

Last night my BIL T, DH's brother called. Then I talked to my SIL M. She said she felt bad that we never get a chance to talk. I felt bad that I haven't made more of an effort. My inlaws just don't communicate the same way my family does. The seem to be content with minimal interactions. My family is much more social and much more involved in each other's lives. But I have a feeling that her family is much the same way. I really like SIL M, she is fun and has a good sense of humor and since they live in Utah we don't get to see them very often. She is teaching and going to school. My BIL T is working and remodeling their house. So they are both very busy. I think maybe they are missing family since they know they won't be able to come visit for a while.

My DH's grandma is in the hospital. She is doing much better then she was in the beginning. That is a relief for my MIL because she is in China with my FIL teaching English at the University in Beijing. They will be coming home in January for a short visit during their break. That should be interesting. I love my In-laws but it can be stressful at times. We just have very different personalities and DH and feel like we have a different sense of humor than most of them and they look at us like we are weird. We know we are weird so we just need to get over it.

I feel like my thoughts are not very organized or coherent today so this isn't a very good post. Oh well. I tried.

No comments: