Thursday, February 7, 2008

Quilt Squares 1 and 2


Here is Block #1 and it is called a Shadow Star. Anth and I signed up for a block a month class at the local quilt shop. Actually I signed Anth up and told her she had to come with me. We found out it's a 2 block a month class that goes from Jan. to June. Which I think I prefer. Anth and I have similar colors but I have the cream and she has the white background. My Aunt is also taking the class and she is the one who kept telling me I should sign up. She told me a great idea would be to make another quilt at the same time by using my own fabric colors. I started a Christmas one and I'll add those pictures as soon as I finish block #2.



Here is quilt block #2 it's called Solitaire Star. I don't know where they come up with these names but it makes it more interesting anyway. When we went to the first class to pick up our packets ladies were showing all their other projects. They were showing everyone another class where you could make a quilted jacket. Everyone was oohing and aahing over it and Anth and I were trying not to giggle. I guess that's just not our thing. I am excited about these colors because they will look nice in my living room and I will likely use it as a lap quilt because it definitely won't work in my bedroom. My aunt said it's nice to use flannel as the backing if I make it into a lap quilt. I thought that was a good idea. I also need to decide if I am going to tie it, hand quilt it, or pay to have it quilted. I am cheap so it will probably be one of the first two choices.

2 comments:

Anth said...

Your squares turned out lovely! Your block #2 actually looks like a star, as opposed to mine, which just looks weird. Ha ha

Becca said...

I love block numero uno.