Wednesday, October 1, 2008

What I did today

Here's a list of the things I did today (Wednesday):
  • Got up
  • Dressed
  • Woke up Mya and Cor
  • Ate breakfast and checked email.
  • Helped Ballerina and Em set up play-do
  • Walked Mya and Cor to school, Em and Ballerina ride in the stroller.
  • Dressed Em and Ballerina.
  • Called a friend
  • Paid bills
  • Balanced check book and savings account.
  • Checked rewards card and ordered some free gift cards.
  • Labeled my tomato sauce that I canned yesterday.
  • Switched the laundry and started a new load.
  • Changed into stretchy pants and t-shirt (out of exercise clothes).
  • Curled my hair and put on a little make-up.
  • Made and ate lunch
  • Cleaned up computer desktop
  • Emailed my sister
  • Switched laundry
  • Empty, filled and started the dishwasher
  • In the process of cleaning the kitchen-it is a huge mess from canning
  • Talked to DH on the phone-very rare that I talk to him during the day while he is working but no emergency he just called to chat while he was Principal for the Day.
  • Picked a bunch of tomatoes at varying degrees of readiness and put them on the counter to finish ripening.
  • Emailed a friend.
  • Printed October Calendar and taped it on the fridge.
  • Talked to a friend on the phone.
  • Got Em and Ballerina Otter pops.
  • Walked to school to pick up Mya and Cor
  • Drank a large glass of ice water
  • Checked Mya and Cor's school papers.
  • Signed up for kids Book It Program online
  • Helped Ballerina get a snack.
  • Emptied Dishwasher, refilled and turned it on.
  • Switched the laundry
  • Put the salsa and tomato sauce away.
  • Handwashed the dishes that didn't fit in the dishwasher
  • Tried to untangle Em's necklace.
  • Took some drugs for my lingering headache.
  • Got a text from my brother that his wife is in labor, will deliver soon, sent a text back. Baby #4 for them-2 boys and 2 girls.
  • DH came home and brought us a bunch of pencils and pens that they can't use at school and post-its shaped like light bulbs. Woo Hoo!
  • Switched the laundry
  • Trimmed the ties on 2 baby quilts
  • Talked to my brother K. on the phone
  • Talked to DH outside for a while
  • Ate Stew for Dinner. DH was the winner of the bay leaf. Who ever gets the bay leaf in their stew is the winner. They don't win anything they just get to feel victorious.
  • Cleaned up dinner
  • My brother J. called to announce they had the baby. It was a girl, 8 lbs. 3 oz., 18 1/2 inches long. He said she is short and fat. She has had her eyes open for the last 2 hours. He just sent me a pic on the phone with her eyes and mouth wide open. So cute! They live in Utah and he said that they had 5 other babies born in the hospital right about the same time so it is pretty hectic there.
  • Going to show DH and the kids the picture
  • Read through grocery store ads till Ballerina came and rearranged them for me.
  • Started folding laundry
  • Paid DH's tuition
  • Checked emails
  • Finished folding the laundry and put some of it away
  • Read scriptures with the kids, prayed and tucked everyone in. Usually I read to Mya and Cor but lately I won't if their room isn't clean. I thought this would be good motivation but it has not worked. I guess money is the biggest motivator right now.
  • Switched another load of laundry
  • Finished putting folded laundry away
  • Ate a cup of yogurt
  • Read my newest cooking blog that I co-write with Anth (I have yet to contribute anything) and someday it will be the greatest cooking blog in the world.
  • Tried to figure out where that beeping sound was coming from
  • Going to watch Jericho, Season 1, Disc 5
  • Goodnight

1 comment:

Anth said...

That's a lot of laundry and dishes.