Cor turns 8 in September and that means he will be baptized. We are all really excited about it. Although he has chosen the last few days of sevenhood to act like a toddler. We have discussed the ways in which he can remember to use his words and calm himself down instead of going into a raging fit every time he doesn't get his way. I suppose controlling his temper will be a life long process. As it is for most everyone. Cor is turning 8 years old and still wets the bed almost every night. The weird thing is when we were on vacation and he went to bed much later than usual he didn't wet the bed very often. He wears Overnight pullups so that we don't have a mess to clean up. But it still leaks a little sometimes and his room always smells. It's frustrating for him because he hates wearing the pullups.
I think Em and Ballerina will enjoy having the house to themselves. They play "very very very very" nicely together when they are left alone. The "very very..." thing is Ballerina's new saying. And I know I have to start potty training Ballerina once school starts again. I had to give it up this summer because it was getting to be a fight every day. Woo Hoo! Potty training.
I get used to having my DH around during the summer and I am already depressed he is going back to work. The old DH used to get really stressed out and grumpy at me during the months of September and October. But since he has realized he is doing it he has gotten much better. He has been very nice to me since he started working the last two weeks even though things are already stressful. This Saturday he is going to take the kids out all day so I can have the day to myself. And Saturday night some girlfriends are having a get together and I am excited to have a little break. He'll be gone every Monday night for his class and he'll have homework to do every night. So I will have to be an organized and thoughtful wife. Not too good at either of those but I plan to make an extra effort. I started yesterday by cleaning up my room. It took all morning.
I guess the answer is NO I am not ready for school to start but I am as ready as I ever will be and we made the most of the summer so I don't have any regrets.
Here are some of the fun things we did this summer.
- Swim lessons the whole month of July for Em, Cor, and Mya.
- Library almost once a week.
- Free movies at the theatre.
- A couple trips to the cabin.
- Big two week trip to Idaho and Utah to visit family.
- Great Wolf Lodge.
- Silver Creek Falls.
- Blueberry picking.
- Walks at the park down to the river.
- Playing with friends and family.
- Jumping on the trampoline.
- DH and I saw Phantom of the Opera at the Keller in Portland.
- Grandma S took Mya and Cor each out to buy clothes for school and went to lunch.
- Watching the Olympics in Beijing on TV.
- New Hair Cut for me and Mya.
- A little inheritance from DH's Grandma.
- Nice Weather for all of July and some of August.